7 Tips On How To Choose Quality Outdoor Sectionals
Dec 19,2022 | Orange Casual
Do you want your home to be versatile and very functional at the same time? A lot of different rooms and parts of the house have been turned into something else to make room for a more functional area. A good example for this is the outdoor sectionals.
An outdoor sectional is an outdoor living space. The main idea here is the same with a living room. Here you can entertain your guests. It is also a place for you, your family as well as your visitors to do some of the activities.
The different functions of an outdoor sectional can also come from the area where it is being placed. The places that these sectionals are usually placed are the garden, patio, patio decks, lawn, yards and even by the pool. This idea had become luxurious and functional at the same time that many homeowners now have these. There are many benefits that an outdoor sectional can give compared to your living room. This is a good reason why people who are planning to build their own homes are making more space for their sectionals. Their homes have become more versatile since then.
So How To Choose Quality Outdoor Sectionals? There are a few key factors to consider to ensure that you get a high-quality product that will last for years to come:
1. The Location of Outdoor Sectionals
Outdoor sectionals can be placed in a variety of locations, depending on the size and layout of your outdoor space. Here are a few ideas:
On a patio or deck: If you have a patio or deck in your backyard, this is a natural spot to place your outdoor sectional. Make sure there is enough space for the sectional and any other outdoor furniture you have.
In a screened-in porch: A screened-in porch is another great location for an outdoor sectional. The screens will keep bugs at bay, making it a comfortable place to relax.
In a gazebo or pergola: If you have a gazebo or pergola in your backyard, consider placing your outdoor sectional underneath it for some added shade.
On a grassy area: If you have a large grassy area in your backyard, you can place your outdoor sectional on a flat, stable surface. You might want to use a rug or mat to protect the grass and provide a softer surface to sit on.
By a pool: If you have a pool, consider placing your outdoor sectional near the pool so you can relax and enjoy the water. Just make sure the sectional is placed on a stable, flat surface and kept a safe distance from the pool.
2. The Shape of Outdoor Sectionals
Outdoor sectionals come in a variety of shapes, allowing you to choose the one that best fits your outdoor space and personal style. Here are a few common shapes for outdoor sectionals:
L-shaped: An L-shaped outdoor sectional is a popular choice because it allows you to create a corner seating area in your outdoor space. This shape is great for creating a cozy, intimate atmosphere. The L-shaped outdoor sectional sofa is the most common and popular type of sofa, because the shape of the L-shaped sofa is simple and generous, and the overall volume is relatively large, which can meet the basic needs of daily family gatherings and meeting guests. Compared to outdoor ensembles with chaise lounges, an L-shaped outdoor sectional adds a wedge or corner seat, giving more guests room to curl up, or extra leg room on warm afternoons. The L-shaped outdoor sectional has a seat that can be used for sitting or lying down.
U-shaped: A U-shaped outdoor sectional is similar to an L-shaped sectional, but with an additional piece that extends out from the corner. U-shaped Outdoor sectional is a type of modular sofa. As its name suggests, it takes on the form of the letter “U” and allows the user to recline on either end of the sectional. Created in separate pieces that can be disassembled and reassembled in multiple configurations, the U-shaped sectional is a versatile piece of furniture that suits a variety of spaces. The U-shaped sectional sofa generally takes up a large space, so it is more comfortable to use, especially suitable for families with a large population. It is very convenient for the whole family to sit together and enjoy family happiness. The enclosed shape is suitable for socializing.
Curved: A curved outdoor sectional has a more elegant, sophisticated look. It's great for creating a more formal atmosphere in your outdoor space. A curved outdoor sectional is called that because the individual pieces of the set are arranged in a curved shape, rather than a straight line. This allows the sectional to create a more inviting and cohesive seating area in an outdoor space. In addition to being called a curved outdoor sectional, this type of furniture can also be referred to as a curved outdoor sofa, half moon sectional sofa or a curved outdoor couch.
Straight: A straight outdoor sectional is a simple, classic shape that can work well in a variety of outdoor spaces. It's a good choice if you have a smaller outdoor area or want to create a more open, airy atmosphere.
Modular: Modular outdoor sectionals are made up of individual pieces that can be arranged in a variety of configurations. This allows you to customize the shape and size of your sectional to fit your specific needs.
3. The Material of Outdoor Sectionals
- Wicker: Wicker outdoor sectionals are made from interwoven natural materials, such as rattan or bamboo. Wicker is a lightweight, flexible material that is resistant to moisture and fading. Wicker outdoor sectionals are a popular choice for many people because they are attractive and lightweight, and they can add a natural, rustic touch to your outdoor space. One advantage of wicker outdoor sectionals is that they are easy to move around. If you need to rearrange your outdoor space, or if you want to bring your sectional indoors for the winter, you can easily lift and carry the individual pieces. Wicker is also a relatively affordable material, making it a good option if you're on a budget.
- Wood: Wood outdoor sectionals are made from durable, weather-resistant woods, such as teak or eucalyptus. Wood sectionals have a natural, rustic look and can be treated with oils or sealants to protect them from the elements. Wood is a strong material that can withstand harsh weather conditions and is resistant to wear and tear. Wood outdoor sectionals can last for many years with proper care. However, wood outdoor sectionals can be more expensive than other materials, such as plastic or metal. They may also require more maintenance, as you will need to periodically treat them with oils or sealants to protect them from the elements.
Metal: Metal outdoor sectionals are made from materials like aluminum or steel, such as aluminum or iron. They are strong and durable, and can be coated with a weather-resistant finish to prevent rusting. The aluminum outdoor sectional sofa set is a type of furniture designed for use outside, typically in a backyard or patio. The outdoor sectional sets are made of aluminum, which is a lightweight and durable material that is resistant to rust and corrosion. Aluminum outdoor sectional sofa sets typically consist of multiple pieces that can be arranged in a variety of configurations to create a comfortable seating area. They are a popular choice for outdoor spaces because they are easy to move and maintain, and they can provide a stylish and comfortable seating area for outdoor gatherings.
- Plastic: Plastic outdoor sectionals are made from materials like polyethylene or PVC. They are lightweight and easy to clean, and are often more affordable than other materials. Plastic is a strong, weather-resistant material that can withstand harsh weather conditions and is resistant to wear and tear. It is also easy to clean and maintain, as you can simply wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove dirt and stains. However, plastic outdoor sectionals may not be as aesthetically pleasing as other materials, such as wood or wicker. They may also not be as durable as some other materials, and they may not last as long with heavy use or exposure to harsh weather conditions.
4. The Construction Of The Outdoor Sectional
Pay attention to the overall construction of the outdoor sectional. It should be sturdy and well-built, with sturdy frame materials and strong joints. The construction of an outdoor sectional will depend on the material it is made from and the specific design of the sectional. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to the construction of an outdoor sectional:
Frame: The frame of an outdoor sectional is the underlying structure that supports the cushions and fabric. It is typically made from a strong, durable material, such as wood, metal, or plastic. The frame should be sturdy and able to support the weight of people sitting on the sectional.
Cushions: Most outdoor sectionals come with cushions to provide comfort and support when sitting. The cushions are typically filled with foam or other materials and are covered with a weather-resistant fabric. The cushions should be thick enough to provide comfort, but not so thick that they take up too much space.
Fabric: The fabric of an outdoor sectional should be made from a weather-resistant material, such as sunbrella or another outdoor-specific fabric. It should be able to withstand UV rays, moisture, and other outdoor elements without fading or deteriorating.
Hardware: The hardware of an outdoor sectional includes any screws, bolts, or other fasteners that hold the frame and cushions together. It should be made from a durable material, such as stainless steel, and should be able to withstand the weight of the sectional and any movement or shifting.
5. The Size And Layout of Outdoor Sectionals
The size and layout of an outdoor sectional will depend on the size of your outdoor space and the number of people you want to seat.
- Space: Measure the area where you plan to place your outdoor sectional to make sure it will fit. Consider the size of the sectional and any other outdoor furniture you have, and leave enough room for people to move around comfortably.
- Seating capacity: Consider how many people you want to seat on your outdoor sectional. If you frequently entertain large groups, you may want a larger sectional with more seating. If you only need seating for a few people, a smaller sectional may be sufficient.
6. Cushions Of Outdoor Sectionals
Make sure the cushions are comfortable and well-made. Look for high-density foam or a combination of foam and fiberfill, and choose outdoor-grade fabric for the covers. The cushions of an outdoor sectional are an important element that can affect the comfort and appearance of your outdoor space. Choose cushions that are made from a weather-resistant material, have a comfortable filling, and are the appropriate size and style for your needs.
Material: The cushions of an outdoor sectional should be made from a weather-resistant material, such as sunbrella or another outdoor-specific fabric. The fabric should be able to withstand UV rays, moisture, and other outdoor elements without fading or deteriorating.
Filling: The cushions of an outdoor sectional are typically filled with foam or another material to give them structure and support. The filling should be thick enough to provide comfort, but not so thick that it takes up too much space.
Size: The size of the cushions should be appropriate for the size of the sectional and the number of people you want to seat. The cushions should be large enough to provide comfort and support, but not so large that they take up too much space or look disproportionate to the sectional.
Style: Outdoor sectional cushions are available in a wide range of styles, colors, and patterns. Choose cushions that match your outdoor décor and personal style.
7. The Price Of An Outdoor Sectional
The price of an outdoor sectional can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the size, material, style, and brand of the sectional. Here are a few general price ranges for outdoor sectionals:
Budget: Outdoor sectionals that cost $500 or less are generally considered budget options. These may be made from less expensive materials, such as plastic or composite wood, and may not be as durable or stylish as more expensive options.
Mid-range: Outdoor sectionals that cost between $500 and $1,000 are considered mid-range. These sectionals may be made from more durable materials, such as wood or metal, and may have more stylish features, such as curved arms or decorative cushions.
High-end: Outdoor sectionals that cost more than $1,000 are generally considered high-end. These sectionals may be made from premium materials, such as teak or wicker, and may have more sophisticated design features, such as modular pieces or removable cushions.
The price of an outdoor sectional will depend on your specific needs and budget. It's important to shop around and compare prices to find the best option for you.
In conclusion, choosing the right outdoor sectional requires careful consideration of your outdoor space, seating needs, and personal style. By taking these factors into consideration, you can find an outdoor sectional that will be comfortable, stylish, and durable for years to come.