How To Wash Outdoor Cushion Covers In Washing Machine?
Dec 16,2022 | Orange Casual
Most outdoor cushion covers can be washed in a washing machine, as long as they are made of a machine-washable fabric and do not have any embellishments that may be damaged by the washing process.
Here are some examples of outdoor cushion covers that can typically be washed in a washing machine:
It's also a good idea to spot treat any stains on the cushion covers before washing them. You can use a laundry stain remover to pre-treat any tough stains. To wash outdoor cushion covers in a washing machine, you will need to follow these steps:
- Remove the cushion covers from the cushions and close any zippers or fasteners.
- Check the care label on the cushion covers for washing instructions. Some cushion covers may need to be dry cleaned or hand washed, in which case you will need to skip the washing machine.
- If the cushion covers can be machine washed, fill the washing machine with cold water and add a mild detergent.
- Place the cushion covers in the washing machine, taking care not to overload them.
- Select the gentle cycle and start the machine.
- After the cycle is complete, remove the cushion covers from the washing machine and shake them out to remove excess water.
- Dry the cushion covers according to the care label instructions. This may involve air drying or tumble drying on a low-heat setting.
- Once the cushion covers are completely dry, put them back on the cushions and enjoy!
It's a good idea to spot treat any stains on the cushion covers before washing them. You can also use a laundry stain remover to pre-treat any tough stains. Orange-Casual's outdoor seating furniture all comes with comfortable covers and are easily machine washable so you don't have to worry about it.
How To Clean Leather outdoor cushion covers?
It is generally not recommended to wash leather outdoor cushion covers in a washing machine. Leather is a delicate material that can be damaged by the heat, water, and detergent used in a washing machine.
Leather outdoor cushion covers should be cleaned and maintained differently than fabric covers. Here are some steps you can follow to clean leather cushion covers:
- Dust and vacuum the covers to remove any dirt or debris.
- Mix a small amount of mild soap, such as dish soap, with water to create a cleaning solution.
- Dip a soft cloth or sponge into the cleaning solution and gently scrub the covers in a circular motion. Be sure not to soak the leather.
- Wipe the covers with a damp cloth to remove any soap residue.
- Dry the covers completely, either by air drying or using a hair dryer on a low heat setting.
- Condition the leather to keep it soft and supple. You can use a leather conditioner or oil, such as mink oil or neatsfoot oil, to do this. Simply apply a small amount to a cloth and rub it into the covers.
If the leather covers are very dirty or stained, it may be best to take them to a professional cleaner. A professional will have the knowledge and experience to properly care for the leather and ensure that it is cleaned and conditioned properly.
Do Waterproof outdoor cushion covers need to be cleaned?
Waterproof outdoor cushion covers are typically made of durable, waterproof materials such as polyester or nylon, and are treated with a water-resistant finish to help keep them dry.
Waterproof outdoor cushion covers should be washed regularly to keep them clean and in good condition. Waterproof covers can become dirty and may harbor bacteria and other contaminants, just like any other type of cushion cover.
In conclusion, it is possible to wash outdoor cushion covers in a washing machine, as long as the covers are made of machine-washable fabric and do not have any embellishments that may be damaged by the washing process. Washing outdoor cushion covers regularly can help keep them clean and in good condition, and can also help extend the life of the cushions.
Read More: How To Clean Outdoor Cushions? 【Ultimate Guide】