How To Clean Outdoor Wicker Furniture?
Mar 30,2023 | Orange Casual
Outdoor wicker furniture is a great addition to any patio or backyard. However, over time, it can accumulate dirt, dust, and grime, making it look dirty and worn out. If you want to keep your outdoor wicker furniture looking clean and fresh, regular cleaning is essential. Here are some tips on how to clean outdoor wicker furniture.
Firstly, to clean outdoor wicker furniture, you'll need the following materials:
- Soft-bristled brush
- Mild detergent (such as dish soap)
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Hose or bucket of clean water
- Dry towel or cloth
- Protective coating spray (optional)
It's essential to use a soft-bristled brush, a gentle detergent, and a soft cloth or sponge to avoid damaging the wicker. Additionally, a dry towel or cloth will help remove any excess water, and a protective coating spray can help keep the furniture looking clean and new.
6 Steps To Clean Outdoor Wicker Furniture
Step 1. Remove Cushions and Pillows
Before you begin cleaning your outdoor wicker furniture, it is essential to remove any cushions or pillows. This will make it easier to clean the furniture and ensure that they are not damaged during the cleaning process.
Step 2. Brush Away Debris
Using a soft-bristled brush, gently brush away any loose debris or dirt from the wicker furniture. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies to remove any hidden dirt.
Step 3. Prepare a Cleaning Solution
Mix a solution of warm water and mild detergent in a bucket. Use a gentle detergent like dish soap, as harsh chemicals can damage the wicker. Dip a soft cloth or sponge into the solution, making sure it is not too wet.
Step 4. Clean the Furniture
Gently scrub the wicker furniture with the damp cloth or sponge, making sure to get into all the crevices. Avoid using too much water, as this can damage the wicker. Once you have cleaned the furniture, rinse it thoroughly with a hose or a bucket of clean water.
Step 5. Dry the Furniture
After cleaning, use a dry towel or cloth to remove any excess water from the wicker furniture. If possible, leave the furniture in the sun to air dry completely. If you have cushions or pillows, make sure they are completely dry before putting them back on the furniture.
Step 6. Apply a Protective Coat
To protect your outdoor wicker furniture from further damage, you can apply a protective coat. Use a spray-on protective coating specifically designed for outdoor wicker furniture. This will help prevent dirt, dust, and moisture from accumulating on the furniture and keep it looking clean and fresh.
Apart from regular cleaning, there is no surefire way to prevent wicker furniture from developing mold. However, to ensure that your wicker furniture lasts for many years, it's crucial to maintain it properly.
How To Maintain Outdoor Wicker Furniture?
1. One way to maintain wicker furniture is to keep it dry. Moisture is one of the main culprits in the growth of mold, so it's essential to keep your wicker furniture in a dry place. If you live in a damp or humid area, consider using a dehumidifier or placing a moisture-absorbing material, such as silica gel, near your wicker furniture.
2. Another way to maintain wicker furniture is to store it properly. If you plan to store your wicker furniture during the off-season, make sure it's in a dry, well-ventilated place. Cover it with a breathable material, such as a cotton sheet, to protect it from dust and debris.
3. Finally, it's crucial to inspect your wicker furniture regularly. Check for any signs of mold growth or damage, such as loose strands or broken pieces. If you notice any issues, address them immediately to prevent further damage.
In conclusion, cleaning your outdoor wicker furniture is essential to keep it looking clean and new. By following these simple steps, you can keep your wicker furniture in excellent condition for years to come.